Vinyl is a decent option in some rooms. Due to budget reasons I once saw an entire house in it and it was a good option. In bathroom, big plus is No seams for liquids to seep into. Here are some simple and easy Vinyl flooring installation tips to keep your Vinyl floors looking beautiful, and stay longer.
1. The surface you will be installing the new vinyl on must be sound and VERY smooth. If it isn’t, you will see every imperfection “telegraphing” through your new floor.
2. Remove the toilet and any trim that is present.
3. As far as cutting it in, buy a Linoleum and Sheet cutting knife and some hook blades. Cut everything a little big to begin with and then take off a little at a time till its perfect.
4. ALSO, GET A TUBE OF CAULK FOR IN FRONT OF THE TUB AROUND THE TOILET, SOME VINYL CAN BE LOOSE LAID(NO ADHESIVE) OR FULL SPREAD(SHEET VINYL ADHESIVE COVERING THE ENTIRE FLOOR). I RECOMMEND FULL SPREAD.
5. AFTER YOU HAVE THE VINYL IN THE ROOM STRAIGHT, MEANING THAT THE PATTERN IS EVEN ALONG THE WALLS, ROUGH CUT IT IN LEAVING IT A LTTLE LONG ALL THE WAY AROUND.
6. NEXT CAREFULLY FOLD BACK HALF OF THE VINYL TAKING CARE NOT TO RIP IT AT CORNER OR SHIFT IT. GLUE THAT HALF WITH THE APPROPRIATE TROWEL.
7. WHEN LAYING INTO THE ADHESIVE, TRY TO STEP ON IT AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. WHEN IT IS LAID IN THE ADHESIVE, START AT THE POINT WHERE YOU STOPPED GLUING AND PUSH IT FIRMLY INTO THE ADHESIVE, PUSHING ANY BUBBLES AWAY FROM YOU TOWARD THE NEAREST EDGE. I LIKE TO USE A PUSHBROOM FOR THIS BUT A TIGHTLY ROLLED TOWEL WILL WORK TOO. NOW PULL BACK THE OTHER SIDE AND REPEAT THE GLUING PROCEDURE.
8. CUT IN, CAULK IT UP, NEW WAX RING FOR THE TOILET AND MAYBE EVEN SOME NEW QUARTER ROUND AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS WILL BE BUGGING YOU TO DO THEIRS. IF YOU NEED AND FURTHER INFO JUST ASK.